Monday, January 27, 2014

Oops I Did It Again

As you know, I've been right on track and kicking butt eating and working out.  (You know, doing what I have to do to kick this weight to the curb once and for all.)  But this weekend was different.  I was super busy and I let it get the best of me.  No excuses....just fell off the wagon head first.  Good thing is, it wasn't as bad as it normally would be and I've already picked myself back up.


The good thing about trying to teach yourself to be healthy and happy is, there's no finish line.  You may lose a little momentum but you can always get it back.

Friday I did well all day.  I had to be to work at 6 and I didn't get off until 4:30 so I was starving when I got home at 5.  Eric had an event he had to get ready for at the fire station that night so on my way home I decided to order pizza.  Yep, my doing, nobody made me.  We ate pizza and ran out to clean and get things ready.  We got back home about 8 or so and I went straight up to get my Jillian video out of the way.  My hip hurt so bad that I ended up phoning the whole thing in.  I got it all done but it was miserable.

Saturday I was up at 4:30 to shower and get the girls ready for a dance competition and we were out the door by 6:45.  I had Starbucks and a banana for breakfast.  When awards were finally over we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and it was like I hadn't eaten in 3 weeks.  I had my meal and one of Shay's boneless wings and even a few fried pickles.  We got home in time for Eric to get to the fire station to get people registered for their poker tournament and I hit the local coffee shop for another coffee.  I was going to get my video done but I had a hard time sitting or walking because my hip had been all fire all day long.  I laid on the couch instead until I got a call from Eric that my parents and some of our friends were at the event and he thought I should come down and get out of the house (away from the kiddos) for a bit.  So, I did.  I played black jack and watched the poker tourney and just had a great time being out and about and before I knew it it was 1:00.  *Side note, I started with $20 and most of the night that $20 was still in my pocket because I just kept winning and playing the winnings but I did end up only coming home with $16 so I lost $4.  For the amount of hours I played, I'd say that's a win.* The party finally was winding down so I stayed and cleaned up the station and we were home about 2:30.  I didn't drink just had a couple diet cokes and a few bottles of water.  I also didn't eat dinner since we had a later lunch but had a few bites of someone's nachos.  When we got home the girls were up so we visited with them about the night and we all went to bed about 4.  We had been up just short of 24 hours!

Sunday we were all up about 8:30 so Eric decided to take us out for breakfast.  I had part of an omelette and some hash browns but  wasn't feeling well.  (I get that way when I have very little sleep.)  I have a little once a week cleaning job I had to get done after breakfast and then I took a nap for a couple of hours.  I never take naps!  When I got up I was kinda hungry but lunch had passed so I just had a few snacks and got ready to take Lainey to dance.  When I got back I did my video and my hip felt 10 times better.  Sometimes a rest day just does a body good.  I didn't measure or count dinner and even finished the night with a Skor candy bar.  Go big or go home, right?!  No.

I don't know what happened but it happened and I didn't care.  Today is a new day and I'm back at it.

Oh, and I will leave you with this cute pic of my girls in their dad's fire gear.  We were cleaning the meeting room and when I came back out to the shop Lainey was in it so I had to take a picture and make Shay try it on too.


No comments:

Post a Comment